Legal Forms and Dodiment Service Online   Legal Discussion Board, Advice, Information, Legal Aid and Legal Issue   
          Forums Login or Register News Members Calendar Search Bookmarks Settings Help Legal Document Service   
 Statistics: 26 people online; 911 members; 519 topics; 874 messages; 90,668 words  18 Jan 2018 2:48 am 

Change Name >> Change of Name for Adult or Minors >> Changing Name Back after divorce

New Message   Printable Version      
Discussion: Changing Name Back after divorce+

#866, posted 24 Jul 2010 4:16 pm128 words
Just Janet (Offline)

Joined 24 Jul 2010 4:10 pm

1 post


I was divorced in December 2009. In January, I requested my employer change my name back to my maiden name, which was granted at the time of the divorce. I provided my employer with a copy of my new social security card and new driver's license with my new name. My employer will not change my name until I give them a copy of my divorce decree. I do not believe they have any legal right to see what is in that document. I have provided them with legal forms of identification (those which they asked for at my initial employment). Do they have any legal right to withhold changing my name and demanding a copy of my divorce decree?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Search this topic   Email this topic    
Members who are visible and online browsing this topic:

Go to forum Return to the top of the page
Forums - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Help - Legal Forms

Powered by LHM - Legal Document Service Online